Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How To Make Your Pet Food Healthier


It is very simple to make your pet food even healthier with just a few items you may already have in your pantry or fridge. Several items that I like to add to my dogs food are:

* Flaxseed oil
* Plain whole fat yogurt 
* Coconut oil
* Pumpkin
* Green beans ( not canned, frozen is best)
* Chia , hemp, or flaxseeds (ground is best)
* Egg shells (ground up)

If you can, try to use organic ingredients. You don't need to add a lot, just a tablespoon. You can mix and match from the above ingredients as well. You simply mix in with either your dry or wet food. 

Cats do well with flaxseed oil and coconut oil. I don't recommend yogurt for cats. They also like pumpkin. 

Always make sure your pet has access to clean, fresh water, and plenty of it. Water is great for pets. I use filtered water from my filter pitcher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment